Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This is where it gets uncomfortable!


ok. We knew it had to come sometime and here it is. We are hot. And uncomfortable. And to top it all off, with the power on and off, wiring here and there and everywhere, well, we have had a few hiccups. The other day, they got us enough power ot at least have lights upstairs ( we try to get up there for necessities and out as fast as we can because it is reaching 112 degrees up there!) So, it helps to have lights and not have to spend any more time searching for items. So, as we were applauding their efforts, we could smell something burning. Here it goes again, or should I say off again! Now, here is the kicker...when they got it all worked out (1 1930's home completely rewired!) we realized that that burning smell was the computer! The monitor came on but nothing else...it fried in the power surge. Geek guy confirmed the news and I was off to Frys Electronics in Arlington, because apparantly they are the only ones who carry an "external harddrive case with usb port...40 pins" Its all I can do to take the pictures on my camera and download them to the computer, so what you are thinking is correct...I have no backup! I was burning them to cd's until the cd burner went out about a year ago. Really, its no love lost on the computer. We had big plans for an upgrade in the near future. I think our computer was actually celebrating its 112th birthday this month in computer years. But...I have to have my pictures! So I spent $40 in gas to drive out to get the case, 2 hours on the cell phone with the "free" tech support (yes, folks, our home phone was through our computer internet...also fried)
to finally get instructions on how to import my pictures from the old harddrive to the laptop...SUCCESS! Yea! All pictures accounted for. However, now I can't get them to downlod to my blogs when I publish posts. I have written before now and tried to post pics, but it erases all my work. So, until the bugs are worked out - my lengthy verbage will have to do.
So, this is officially the worst week of our project. It should go up from here.
The picture was taken of the driveway (looking out the window of the third floor) after we had already filled 2 dumpsters!






Photobucket

No comments: