Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What About That Party?

Photobucket


I have some catching up to do - so you will notice several blogs published with the same date! When you are trying to work from an offsite computer, it gets a little harder to keep up. Here is the update...
We had my sisters shower here a couple of weekends ago and it was great! I can't wait to post some pictures because it was so funny what we had to work with! We placed a big canvas drop cloth on the dumpster out front with Welcome spray painted on it. I dressed up the walkway with some iron stands I use for wedding and swedish ivys with little blue bows. The front porch had chunks of tiles missing right in front along with parts of the house address (missing!) so I got cheap striped rugs from Target and used carpet tape to tack them down into a runner right up to the front door. When you walk in, the areas to the right is boarded up with plywood ( that is the gutted kitchen behind the plywood) so we painted it with chalkboard paint and wrote scripture on it. The food had to go on the table in the family room, so to make more room for people, we moved a lot of the furniture from that room out onto the lawn. Then we strung a clothsline from the tree outside to the side of the new part of the house ( it was a disaster in more than half of the backyard area) and we hung cute polka dot curtains to block the disaster. I have always heard "define your space!"...so that is exactly what we did. I covered some extra tables with the same fabric and tucked chairs around them. Then I grabbed anything and evrything around the house the had birds or nests on it and used them for centerpieces. (the invites had a nest and bird on them and it said "come see who just flew in!")
Clint brought this power AC untit for outside - it actually felt pretty nice out there with his extra efforts. And with the help of my mom, my aunt and my intern - the party came off without a hitch. Everyone enjoyed seeing baby Will and everyone was so gracious to "overlook" the disaster. So, no more excuses ladies...you can have people over no matter what state your house is in! Just work with it!

No comments: